ESTABLISHMENT & MAINTENANCE GUIDE
Please be aware that your newly laid Sir Grange lawn will require some TLC in the next couple of weeks as it establishes new root systems and adapts to its new environment. Here are a couple of tips we’d like to share which will help to ensure the success of your finished project.
- Once you have your lawn laid down, give it a really good soaking, making sure to water right to the edges. A soaker hose works really well, and use a hand held hose for the edges.
- For the first 2 weeks you’ll need to water once or twice daily to ensure it doesn’t dry out whilst the roots establish in the soil.
- During the 3rd and 4th week you will be able to back the watering back to every second day, and then twice per week during the 5th and 6th week. From week 7 you should be able to water just once a week.
- Once you can grab a firm hold on the grass and no longer lift it, you can give it its first mow. Only take off the very tips initially. Remember for future mowing, never take more than 1/3 of the leaf tip off at any one time.
- The optimum mowing height for an established Sir Grange lawn is 40mm. Mowing may be required at roughly a 7 to 10 day interval
LONG TERM WATERING
- After your lawn has been down for a while you will probably find you’ll only need to water when it’s been rather dry
- Even though it is very drought tolerant, you’ll find Sir Grange performs the best when it receives a deep watering once a week, with the depth of watering increasing during the warmer weather.
- Sir Grange Zoysia should be fertilised once a year, during early spring.
- Supplementary applications of iron will also improve grass colour.